Friday, December 11, 2009

Will this work for temporary, but quick, weight loss?

If I have a 16 oz protein shake for breakfast, a 16 oz protein shake for lunch, and a 16 oz protein shake for dinner with a Caesar Salad, will I lose weight? I am not planning on using this long-term. Rather, I am going to try and use it as the detox part of my long-term lifestyle change. The shakes would be homemade. I am thinking it will work, as it is pretty similar to the Slimfast plan, right? I need opinions and/or advice. Thanks. P.S. I have lost 30 pounds in the last 3 months and know it will comeback if I don't make the right changes. As stated before, I am using this as a stepping stone detox period to help develop my self-control.Will this work for temporary, but quick, weight loss?
Losing 10 lbs a month is actually not healthy at all so I wouldn't advise continuing what you are doing.


If you insist on doing the protein shakes check into what you need to use to make this because the ready to use ones are specifically formulated ot give your body what it needs AND they do so with the understanding that you will have 1 regular meal 1 day...to deviate from that would be or could be dangerous.


I saw an 18yr old girl drop dead because she was dieting like you describe and her heart gave out due to lack of potassium.Not worth it at all.


You could contact a Dietitian they usually can go over a safe,slimming diet with you and they usually are not expensive to see.


Good Luck...Will this work for temporary, but quick, weight loss?
as long as it won't affect ur health,u can go ahead.
I would have protein shakes first thing in the am and about 30-45 minutes before going to sleep.





have 3 whole food meals in the daytime. whole foods have a higher thermogenic effect so the body has to expend more energy to metabolize them vs. protein shakes.
y don't u just have a balanced diet and do plenty of exercise, it's a more healthy way to lose weight. that way u're also following a more disciplined lifestyle.
It remains a mystery to me why people believe anything including protein shakes is a 'detox' program...???





Raw Food Lifestyle Baby!
If you google ';10 worst foods'; you will find that liquid diets are #10!





10 Liquid Meals They aren't inherently bad for you, but they do keep you from eating whole, natural foods that contain more nutrients and fiber and disease-fighting phytochemicals. They may be okay for people who are too sick to eat, but don't let them displace the real foods in your diet.
Healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week... giving you about a 8 pound loss per month (at the highest, and still healthy).





I'm sorry, but I don't see how using shakes (as you say, just temporarily) is going to help you develop self control, in any way.





What you need to do, is just stick to eating healthy foods.. and getting plenty of exercise.
A Protein shake is not a proper detox. And you will gain that weight back if all your weight loss has come about by some quick starving your body fix.





We can talk up a plan for you to follow that would be better for your health if youd like





THis link has calorie plans and portion lists to follow


http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-bCJcpYYyc鈥?/a>





and I will find one for detoxing and post that too.


But consider the Lemonade (Master) Cleanse, I've done it and its a better cleanse.





Read this link about starvation mode:


http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-bCJcpYYyc鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses