Saturday, December 5, 2009

I am currently living in New Brunswick and my car is in Alberta. I have a buyer in Alberta. How does this work

How do I sell my car if I am in a different province? Do I need to sign something in the car? What do I need in order to do this? I have never sold a car before and have no idea and especially with my car being there and I am here. Someone out there must know. Please only answer if you seriously know what you are talking about Thank you!!I am currently living in New Brunswick and my car is in Alberta. I have a buyer in Alberta. How does this work
Sign over the transfer of ownership document (TOD), and give the buyer a bill of sale describing the vehicle properly. If someone in Alberta has the document, have it faxed to you, sign it and fax it back. Your faxed signature can be used as a supporting document for the original, as long as your signed bill of sale matches the document. (I do presume you had it registered in New Brunswick, however, if you had lived in Alberta and left it there when you moved, you would then have an Alberta TOD which could be faxed to you for signature.). The Alberta TOD has a top section describing the vehicle and the bottom has transfer instructions. The New Brunswick TOD has vehicle information on the left and transfer instructions on the lower right. Without the TOD, the buy has no proof the seller is entitled to sell the car to him.I am currently living in New Brunswick and my car is in Alberta. I have a buyer in Alberta. How does this work
So you give the NB TOD, signed, and a bill of sale, and the buyer in Alberta registers and insures it, and you are done, except for then cancelling your plates and insurance. Report Abuse

all you need to do is sign and date a bill of sale that the new owner can take to the licence office and reregister the car in his name,if you had the car registered in alberta then no out of province inspecton needs to be done.if it was not registered here the new owner will have to do this inspection before registration.i just registered my tbird and my vw with out the original registrations,just valid bill of sale.
you will have to sign the transfer forms and the car has to be register in alberta but that is the buyers problem.the signiture has to be yours and you have to fill out most of the form it is a pain to do

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses