Friday, December 11, 2009

Have 1993 ford T-Bird. odomotor just stopped but the speedomotor still works. Is this fixable ?

My mechanic says its not fixable and I have to replace the whole unit and I think he is wrong. In old days..lol you could fix things like this..Have 1993 ford T-Bird. odomotor just stopped but the speedomotor still works. Is this fixable ?
u HAVE 2 buy the whole instrument cluster lol. when it comes in ur tech will code it. U can't fix that anymore lol. labor from him trying to would cost way more than the part :)Have 1993 ford T-Bird. odomotor just stopped but the speedomotor still works. Is this fixable ?
Only thing I can think to do is replace the cable to it. Other end is stuck in the top of the transmission. Might be something wrong with the gears of the cable. They do wear out. But I'm just an amateur so what do I know. This is the cheapest fix I know to try 1st before moving up to more expensive fixes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses