Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How do I keep from getting burnt out at work this summer?

I work in an assisted living home part time right now because I'm still in school. However, I plan on working there full time this coming summer to save money for next year. The thing is that I'm afraid of being pressured, harrassed, etc. into working a lot of overtime because I have seen this happen to my co-workers time and time again. I don't want to work more than 40 hours a week because I want free time to myself and to see my friends and boyfriend. This is my last summer before college. Any suggestions?How do I keep from getting burnt out at work this summer?
Get a different job.





Learn to be assertive. One link is below; you'll find a lot of material on the net.





A couple of books might help:


1. The Gentle Art of Verbal Self-Defense


2. When I Say No I Feel Guilty





Just read your additional comments. The management is not competent. There is no way you will be able to change that situation. The managers will expect you to make up for their inability to manage properly. If you work at that place, you are in a no-win situation.How do I keep from getting burnt out at work this summer?
Make your desires known up front and stick to your guns.
Set a schedule and stick to it
Set up a planner and it'll help you. A To-Do list works too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses