Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How are my taxes going to work this year?

I did not work for the year of 2008. I know that I do not need to file taxes for myself. I do go to school full time, however, and last year I received the Hope College Tax Credit (or something like that). I believe my husband can claim me as a dependent on his taxes, but I'm not entirely sure. Also, if he does claim me as a dependent, do we still get the college tax credit? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!How are my taxes going to work this year?
Spouse are never a dependent.





You would still file a Joint return. Your education expenses can be used to create a credit of offset your joint tax liability from his income.How are my taxes going to work this year?
If you agree, you and your husband should file MFJ. If you make him file MFS, the tax bill goes up dramatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses